XBee modules are small RF (radio frequency) devices that transmit and receive data over the air using radio signals. Wireless capability is essential whenever you want to place sensors where no cables can be installed, or where such tethering is undesirable.
XBee devices are highly configurable and support multiple protocols, which lets you choose the right technology for your application—whether you want to set up a pair of radios to swap data or design a large mesh network with multiple devices.
Here are some of the ways you can use XBee devices:
- Controlling a robot remotely or creating wearable electronics for people, pets or wildlife, without hindering movement.
- Making a building smarter and more responsive to human interaction.
- Using XBee technology in industrial solutions. For example, XBee devices are used as sensors to monitor industrial tanks for liquid levels, temperature, and pressure, and to monitor and control complex machines such as wind turbines.
XBEE Pro® 63mW Wire Antenna S2C embedded RF modules provide wireless connectivity to end-point devices in ZigBee mesh networks. Utilizing the ZigBee PRO Feature Set, these modules are inter-operable with other ZigBee devices, including devices from other vendors. With the XBee, users can have their ZigBee network up-and-running in a matter of minutes without configuration or additional development.
The XBEE Pro® 63mW Wire Antenna S2C modules are compatible with other devices that use XBee ZB technology. These include ConnectPortX gateways, XBee and XBee-PRO Adapters, Wall Routers, XBee Sensors, and other products with the ZB name.
XBee and XBee-PRO ZigBee modules are ideal for applications in the energy and controls markets where manufacturing efficiencies are critical. The Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) provides a high-speed interface and optimizes integration with embedded microcontrollers, lowering development costs and reducing time to market. Products in the XBee family require little to no configuration or additional development. Programmable versions of the XBee and XBee-PRO ZigBee module make customizing applications easy. Programming directly on the module eliminates the need for a separate processor. Because the wireless software is isolated, applications can be developed with no risk to RF performance or security.
- Indoor/Urban Range: Up to 300 ft. (90 m)
- Outdoor RF line-of-sight Range: Up to 2 miles (3200 m)
- Transmit Power Output(maximum): 63mW (+18 dBm)
- RF Data Rate: 250,000 b/s
- Receiver Sensitivity: -101 dBm
- Adjustable Power: Yes
- Supply Voltage: 2.7 - 3.6 V
- Operating Current (Transmit): 120mA @ +3.3 V, +18 dBm
- Operating Current (Receive): 31mA
- Power-down Current: < 1 μA @ 25°C
- Operating Frequency Band: ISM 2.4 - 2.5 GHz
- Form Factor: Through-Hole
- Dimensions: .960 x 1.297 in (2.438 x 3.294 cm)
- Operating Temperature: -40 to 85°C (industrial)
- Antenna Option: Integrated wire antenna
- Interface Options: UART & SPI