The MCP3008 device is a successive approximation 10-bit analogue-to-digital converter with on-board sample and hold circuitry. It is programmable to provide four pseudo-differential input pairs or eight single-ended inputs. Differential Nonlinearity (DNL) and Integral Nonlinearity (INL) are specified at ±1 LSB. Communication with the devices is accomplished using a simple serial interface compatible with the SPI protocol.
- 10-bit resolution
- ± 1 LSB max DNL
- ± 1 LSB max INL
- 8 input channels
- Analog inputs programmable as single-ended orpseudo-differential pairs
- On-chip sample and hold
- SPI serial interface (modes 0,0 and 1,1)
- Single supply operation: 2.7V - 5.5V
- 200 ksps max. sampling rate at VDD = 5V
- 75 ksps max. sampling rate at VDD = 2.7V
- Low power CMOS technology
- 5 nA typical standby current, 2 µA max.
- 500 µA max. active current at 5V
- Industrial temp range: -40°C to +85°C
Download Technical Datasheet