The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ is the latest product in the Raspberry Pi3 range, boasting a 64-Bit quad core processor running at 1.4GHz, dual band 2.4GHz / 5.0GHz wireless, Bluetooth 4.2/BLE, faster Ethernet and PoE capability via a separate PoE HAT.
The dual band wireless comes with modular compliance certification allowing the board to be designed into end product without the need for further wireless compliance testing, improving both cost and time to market.
- Broadcom processor - BCM2837B0, Cortex 64-bit SoC @1.4GHz
- 2.4GHz and 5GHz IEEE 802.11.b/g/n/ac wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.2/BLE
- Improved thermal management
- Faster Ethernet (Gigabit Ethernet over USB 2.0, maximum throughput of 300Mbps)
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) enabled RJ45 giving PoE capability via new PoE HAT
- 1GB RAM
- 40-pin Extended GPIO
- 4x USB 2 ports
- 4 Pole stereo output and composite video port
- Full size HDMI
- CSI camera port for connecting a Raspberry Pi camera
- DSI display port for connecting a Raspberry Pi touchscreen display
- Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data
Key Improvements from Pi 3 Model B to Pi 3 Model B+:
- Improved compatibility for network booting and new support for Power over Ethernet
- Processor speed has increased from 1.2Ghz on Pi 3 to 1.4Ghz, with improved thermal management
- New dual band wireless LAN chip, 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz with embedded antenna
- Bluetooth 4.2 Low Energy onboard
- Faster onboard Ethernet, up to 300mbps!