Click Image for Gallery
An all-in-one arduino compatible shield from rhydoLABZ, that lets you add location-tracking, voice, text and data connectivity and data storage to your project in an adorable little package.The shield features new generation GlobalTop GPS chipset and SIM900A Dual-band GSM/GPRS engine that works on900/ 1800 MHz. With GPS technology the shield supports satellite navigation along with cellular connectivity and that makes most of what you need for your robotics projects.
GSM/GPRS connectivity is controlled via AT commands, while the GPS functionality follows NMEA protocol. The shield also offers data storage on microSD card. The design of this shield allows you to drive the GSM module directly with the computer as well as with your Arduino Board. The package includes duck type SMA antenna for cellular network connectivity and an active external antenna for GPS functionality. GPS U2P module offers a high sensitivity, incredibly low power consumption while searching with -165dBm high sensitivity and 10Hz maximum update rate. Featuring an industry-standard interface and GPS function, the combination of both technologies on a single shield allows items, vehicles and people to be tracked seamlessly at any location and anytime with signal coverage.
The shield design is compatible with the older Arduino footprint as well as the new R3 footprint, which means that this shield is totally compatible with most of the Arduino Boards. That includes most popular Uno to the veteran Duemilanove. It also supports 3V3 boards such as Arduino Due, with onboard level shifting buffer gates. The shield can also used with Arduino Mega and Leonardo but the serial communication feature via software pins wont be available for these two boards, still that wont affect the functionality of the GSM module as it can be communicated over the hardware serial pins.
Tracking shield uses separate modules for cellular connectivity and location tracking, thereby the shield guarantees reliable GPS data and cellular connectivity simultaneously. These shields are manufactured with Automatic Pick and Place Machine for high quality standard. The shield itself is high quality PTH PCB with professionally designed circuitry. The onboard low dropout 3A power supply allows you to connect wide range unregulated power supply (7V-12V), also withstands the peak current draw that occurs during network scanning. The onboard level shifting circuitry is designed using buffer gates for added reliability. We have also considered optional customization as per users convenience, for which the design includes onboard PCB jumpers.
NOTE: This version of the GSM/GPRS Shield works on dual band frequencies, and these are recommended for Asian countries only. For worldwide compliance prefer the SIM800/SIM900 versions.
- AT command interface
- Make and receive voice calls
- Send and receive SMS messages
- MMC card slot for data storage
- Dual-band GSM/GPRS Engine: SIM900A
- GlobalTop U2P GPS with MediaTek MT3339 Chipset
- Send and receive GPRS data (TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.)
- Configurable Baud rate (9600-115200, factory default value: 9600)
- Standard Audio Jack Connectors for external speaker and mic
- Inbuilt Powerful TCP/IP protocol stack for internet data transfer over GPRS.
- Level shifting circuitry to make it Arduino-safe
- Option to Connect Passive and Active Antenna.
- Indicator LEDs for Power, Netlight, Status and 3D Fix
- Standard Flap type SMA Socket
- Separate Reset switches for both Arduino and the GSM module
- Slide switch to swap the GSM module between Arduino and PC
- Input Voltage: 7V - 12V DC
- Normal operation temperature: -20 °C to +55 °C
- Current: 70mA @ 9V, Stable operation
- Dimensions: 67 x 53 (MM)
Tracking Shield - GSM/GPRS/GPS (SIM900A)