RAK811 is a wireless transparent communications module, base on the Semtech SX1276. LoRa technology utilizes a spread spectrum modulation in the Sub-GHz band to enable long range (greater than 10 miles) coverage, low power consumption (up to 10 years battery power), high network capacity (up to 1 million nodes), robust communication, and localization capability. With the strength of RF hardware capability by RAK, RAK811 communication distance maintains to 3000m with improving receiver sensitivity.
Moreover, RAK811 fully supports and conforms to the specifications of LoRaWAN Class A&C protocol, facilitating an easy access to LWPA IoT platforms, such as Activity.
- Embedded LoRaWAN protocol class A&C, easily connects to LoRa technology gateway.
- LoRaWAN Protocol Stack ready in the system.
- Full certification by region.
- Long Range - Greater Than 15 km.
- Simple ASCII command set.
- Serial Port AT Command, Automatic Modification of Frequency Points Supported.
- LoRaWAN protocol supported global license-free ISM band, full certification by region.
- Lora Point to Point communication, Activation by OTAA/ABP.
- Easy to use, UART interface, serial port AT command, baud rate and air rate online change supported, simple ASCII command set.
- Maximum output power 100MW (20dBm), adjustable from 5 to 20dBm.
- High sensitivity,-148 dBm, enabling extremely long-range connectivity.
- Long range - greater than 15 km.
- High capacity of up to 1 million nodes
- Low power consumption, 500nA on standby, in-air wake-up supported.
- Multi-channel, dual data buffer (256byres each).
- LoRa/FSK/GFSK/OOK modulation, bidirectional 2-way communications.
- Long battery life - over 10 years.
- LoRa technology is capable of demodulating 20 dB below the noise level, significantly improving immunity to the interference when combined with integrated forward error correction.
- Wireless Standard: 865-867 MHz ISM band in India
LoRa technology applies physical layer or wireless modulation to build long-distance communication link, based on LEF SS modulation, it maintains the same low power consumption as of FSK modulation, but significantly prolongs communication distance (less cost in commercial uses).
LoRaWAN defines communication protocol and system architecture of networking, aiming at some core requirements of IoT, such as safe two-way communications, mobility and local service. The technology does not require local complex configuration to allow seamless interoperability among smart devices, releasing the operating authority to the users, developers and enterprises of IoT